Skip to main content

The change in the immigration policy is effective immediately. What is the next step I need to take?

Dallas, TX |

I would like to know what it is exactly that I need to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Contact an immigration lawyer asap to begin organizing your case. Bring all school documents. Congratulations.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Dallas, TX

Emmanuel Ncube Socks

Emmanuel Ncube Socks


This is an avenue that is likely to build up a backlog pretty fast. Those who file soon after the regulations are released will be at an advantage. Getting organized early will help a lot.



Thanks you for your answer!


Wait for USCIS to issue instructions.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Regarding the policy to stop removal of DREAM Act eligible persons - the government will issue instructions soon.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you already have a final order or removal, consult with an immigration attorney to see if your removal or deportation can be stopped. If you are in proceedings, consult with your immigration attorney for advice on how best to proceed and, if you do not have an immigration attorney representing you, you should retain one now.
If you are simply an undocumented individual who has not come to the attention of the authorities, you cannot apply for deferred action until USCIS establishes an application procedure. However you can begin gathering the proof that you qualify for deferred action. Before applying for deferred action, when the application procedure becomes available, you should consult with an immigration lawyer for advice on the benefits, as well as the potential risks.

Colorado 303.442.8554/New Mexico 505.819.3303/ Ms DeSeguin’s statement is general in nature, is not intended as legal advice, and should not be relied on as Ms DeSeguin does not have knowledge of all the relevant and necessary facts. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer