Skip to main content

The babysitter claims that my daughter hit her car!, this was about 5 months ago. Does she have a case?

Thomasville, GA |

I was at work so she was responsible for watching my child. There is paint off but has no proof that my daughter did it. He said she said kind of thing.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


A lot of this depends on the extent of the damage, whether there were witnesses, etc., but if it's been this long without a claim being filed the question remains: why is she bringing it up now?

Any answer given here is NOT legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship in Ohio, Kentucky, or any other jurisdiction. Answers provided are for general information only and should not be considered legal advice for any purpose. For legal advice, you should contact an attorney within the jurisdiction relevant to your issue.


She'd have to show injuries else there would be nothing to sue for.

I am licensed attorney who focuses on Serious DUI Cases such a 2nd DUIs, 3rd DUIs, 4th DUIs, and Felony DUIs and DMV hearings. I also have much experience handling car accident cases. Although the information I provide is helpful, it is not legal advice. If your case is in California or Washington, you can call me for specific legal advice on your case free of charge. Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers. Do NOT include any direct solicitations or contact information.


There has to be damages for there to be a case.


Stop worrying. Pick up the phone - immediately - call your insurer. This is why you have insurance. They will investigate the claim. If it's legitimate they will pay it. Otherwise they will defend it. Note that the failure to report to your insurer will mean they will not pay, so call today.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer unless you sign a retainer agreement). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy. State bar rules require that I disclose my name/contact information in any communication (Glen Ashman)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer