Skip to main content

The judge in my Workers Comp case has decided against the last 5 claimants. He let the attorneys know this.

Paso Robles, CA |

I overheard him say to the attorneys "Let's get this on the calendar so I know when you will be back here to annoy me" Can I get another judge?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


If you have an attorney ask him or her about changing judges. If you do not have an attorney, hire one. Sounds like the kind of judge that needs to retire!

Good luck


It seems from your question that you have an attorney, so you need to ask then this question.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Maybe they were just annoying him. You only heard the end of the conversation.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


I believe the judge was joking.

Your attorney had to object to the Trial Judge at the time the Trial Date was set.

ARE YOU SAYING the Judge -- in the middle of a Trial -- announced for no reason that "I decided against the last 5 claimants" ??? That's very unusual.

Were the last 5 claimants doctors who were not on approved lists, so their liens were incompensable? Were the last 5 claimants prior attorneys who failed to file liens asking for fees?

Judges call Injured Workers 'applicants', not claimants. If you truly heard the word 'claimants' the judge was NOT proclaiming he is against Injured Workers.

If the judge makes an error, your attorney can appeal based on the judicial error (a petition for Reconsideration).


You should ask your attorney-it would be improper for another attorney to advise you at this point in the case.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer