Skip to main content

Thanks for reading . I'm being audited for two years in row working with tax add. But IRS is not excepting my receipts

New Brunswick, NJ |

I had firm do my taxes and now they don't want to help I have most of my receipts med .work etc... should I just let lawyer handle it

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Absolutely! A Tax lawyer can help fight the IRS in the audit. Many times returns are incomplete or items missclassified. It sounds like you have an office audit where the IRS personnel are less trained. You need a tax lawyer to review your tax returns, audit notices and IDRs (Information Document Requests) and evaluate where you are at.

Ron Cappuccio
856 665-2121

If you do not like this answer or disagree, please look at one of the other answers provided. It is not necessary for you to try prove this answer is "wrong" or something with which you do not agree. This is a free service for you based on limited facts. Nevertheless, many times you need to consult an attorney with the details to get actual advice specific to your concerns. Do not put too many details in your questions or comments because this makes the information public and could hurt you. Government Regulations contained in IRS Circular 230 regulate written communications about Federal tax matters, including e-mail, between us and our clients. This is another attempt by the government to limit your rights and to extend the control of government over individuals and businesses. Nevertheless, such communications are either opinions or other written communications. This is not an opinion. It is other written communication and was not written to be relied upon, by itself, to avoid any tax penalties. In order to receive assurances of protection from tax penalties from a written communication, you should get an opinion letter. If you would like to discuss an opinion letter relating to any matter, please contact me and I will explain what is involved and what it will cost.


You should definitely let a tax attorney handle this. Not only will you get attorney-client privilege, but also you will get better representation.

This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship, Moreover, this attorney is Licensed to practiced law ONLY in LOUISIANA and answers to questions from other jurisdictions or states are meant to provide only general information. Users should contact a local attorney in their jurisdiction or state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer