Skip to main content

Texas Probate Law

Seguin, TX |

Does the executor of my wife's will have the right to come on to my property & remove her vehicle? This person claims he's "securing the estate's assets" & says he plans to sell the car to pay her debts.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Not if it is your community property. Was it purchased during your marriage?



Yes, it was purchased during the marriage.


If the asset is part of your wife's estate, then the answer is yes. If it is NOT part of the estate, then he cannot do this. If you are not sure whether this is your asset or your wife's estate's, then you should contact a probate attorney for guidance. I would suggest you do this, right away.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


I agree with my colleagues.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer