Skip to main content

Terminated I20. Expired passport.

San Diego, CA |

I am international student from Vietnam. I think I'm in really big trouble right now. My I20 was terminated due to lack of performance at school and my visa is also expired. They won't let me renew my visa with a valid I20. Can i still travel back to my country?

I meant my passport was also expired. They won't let me renew my passport without a valid I20. My visa was expired 2 years ago.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact your consulate, even if they won't renew the passport, they usually issue one-way travel documents so enable you to go back home.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues. Your consulate should issue you something to enable your travel back to you country.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer