Skip to main content

Tenant's rights under Arizona residential landlord tenant law, pest infestation and tenant's rights

Mesa, AZ |

I live ina 4plex I rent month to month ,my 1year lease expired in July. I now have termite and flea infestation and my health and property is damaged . the landlord never disclosedthere was atermite problem before with this house. What are my recourses

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Thanks for using Avvo. I am an Avvo Staff Moderator. To read more about our moderation team, follow the link below. Our current question volume may increase the response times of our loyal Avvo lawyer-answerers. My goal is to give you some preliminary information and guidance regarding your legal situation while you wait for an attorney in your area to respond.

If you are interested in continuing to live there, you can give your landlord notice of the issue and a reasonable opportunity to remedy the problem. If he fails to do so, you may want to talk with an Arizona lawyer about whether this is what is known in some states as a breach of the warrant of habitability. If it is, you may be entitled to withhold rent in an appropriate amount to remedy the problem yourself. I have posted some useful links. If you can afford to use a lawyer referral service, there is one near by: Maricopa County Lawyer Referral Service, Phoenix, AZ, Phone: 602-257-4200. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer