Skip to main content

Tenant is complaining to me (landlord) about the tenants boyfriends making noises at 2am on weekends.

San Francisco, CA |

I told tenant to call the police but he would not. When I questioned the tenants who made
the noise, they denied having their boyfriends there and are mindful of any noise they make so not to aggravate the complaining tenant. They also said the tenant complaining about noise uses
some drugs and has a pistol so he was hearing noises. Now, the tenants are in fear of the complaining tenant and will not sleep in their unit. The parents of the tenants are holding me responsible to do something about the complaining tenant since they are paying the rent and feels their daughters are not safe in their unit. The complaining tenant says I'm siding with the girls because they are girls. Where do I start to find help? I must act today ASAP . Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


San Francisco = Rent Control. (collective moan) to evict under a rent control jurisdiction requires that the tenant violate one or more of the issues set forth in Rent Control Ordinance. Section 37.10 provides just cause for evicting a tenant where "Tenant is creating a nuisance and disturbing other tenants or damaging property." From your fact pattern you appear to have just cause. Find someone who does nothing but tenant law in San Francisco. these firms typically do not charge hourly, but rather, on a flat fee basis. Be wary of anyone who wants to charge an hourly fee for this type of work.

A proper response would require a thorough investigation into the history and background of this relationship. The information provided above is just that, information, to be used as you see fit.