Skip to main content

Tax filing question in N 400 application form?

Simpsonville, SC |

I am a us green card holder since 2008.I havent filed my tax for 2009 year bz i have only earned $3600 that in N400 application they have a question in part 10 c about failure in any tax filing, or tax return since becoming a lawful permanent resident.should i consider it tax filing failure.should i tick "yes" or "no" in that question.after that year i am filing my tax every year till now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


There is a very similar if not identical question like this already posted and answered. Please review the questions asked during this week and you'll have an answer.


Asked and answered previously.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


The answer should be "no".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you didn't have to file a tax return by law, then you didn't fail to file a tax return. I agree with my colleague - the answer would be "no."