Skip to main content

Tax...Insurance Policy...IRS.

Houston, TX |

I'm a new Permanent Resident of U.S.A.

I have life insurance policies in my name in my country of citizenship.

Do i need to report anything about those policies to IRS?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Are you filling out a financial statement to settle a debt with the IRS? If so, then yes you do need to include the policies if they are whole life policies on your financial statement. Office number: (860) 255-7423 Website: Our reply to your question has not created an attorney-client relationship. It should not be considered legal advice. You should contact an Attorney who can give you legal advice after acquainting themselves with the specifics of your case.



I'm not doing anything Madam,I'm just asking do i need to report about these policies like a FABR.

Linda Simmons Campbell

Linda Simmons Campbell


If a foreign life insurance policy is owned by a U.S. person and the policy has a cash surrender value it needs to be reported as a foreign financial account.


You post this question in a venue other than family law

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer