Skip to main content

Tamping with a interlock in Colorado 42-2-132.5

Grand Junction, CO |

Ok I had a interlock in my car last year. My car was broke down and I didn't have the money to fix it. I took it to the juck yard. Called the DMV,interlock company that same day. I have poof of calling them. I have been out of work. Then I had two hearings last month. The first one the hearings officer said that he didn't have my proof. Then I called his suppervisor and he told me that he will tell him where my proof was. A week later i have a hearings and the officer said since keeped the interlock 2 months after I got rid of the car cuz I was out of state. I was guilty of 42-2-132.5 I just got a job. I want to fight this in appeals court and to be able to get a car with a interlock. So how hard would it be to win in court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There are time deadlines within which to appeal a DMV Hearing decision. You need to go and talk to a DUI attorney as soon as possible. There is more information needed in addition to your post. Good luck.

Ann Toney, P.C. is a law firm in Denver, CO defending DUI, DUID, and marijuana drug charges.


You need to sit down with a criminal defense attorney that handles alcohol-related driving offenses.

Good luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


My fellow attorneys and I have a hard time measuring what your success would be in court without sitting down with you and taking a good look at your particular situation. Many attorneys offer free consultations and it may be worth your while to sit down with one of them.


Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer