Skip to main content

Switching from Consular Processing to AoS

San Jose, CA |

I have my EB-2 GC processing. I have my PERM and I140 Approved.
My PD is Jan 2007. In my I140 it has been mentioned as Consular Processing.

But I want it to be changed to AoS from CP.

What are the steps that I need to take?

At what stgae should I initiate these steps.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


When your priority date is current, submit your I-485 packet to USCIS.

Please see


You apply for adjustment when your priority date is current and a visa number becomes available to you.



If you are in the U.S. and in a legal status (or 245(i) or 245(k) eligible you can just file the I-485 when the Priority Date is current and the file will be retrieved from NVC. As a courtesty we always coordinate with NVC as well so they know you will be adjusting. don't switch it now though until your Priority Date is current and you know you qualify to adjust.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer