Suppose if you own a home, but one day, you lose your job, do I still have to pay Property Tax?

Sacramento, CA |

If the answer to the question is a "Yes" to the above question, then I would like to Challenge The Property Tax System one of these days all the way to Supreme Court (if necessary). Can you refer me to a Constitutional Attorney? I believe in supporting my country with TAXES, I just don't want to be subjected to UNJUST TAXATION one of these days.

Is there like a book that you can refer me to that can help me better understand California PROPERTY TAXES and Taxes in general? I would like to read something on this subject.

The answer is Yes. You can do an attorney look-up for a constitutional attorney in your area on AVVO. Best of luck.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.

I believe you and I am not against TAXATION at all, but that's pretty messed up. I think the government should not bill someone when that person recently lost his/her job. It is IMMORAL and UNJUST. I know of a LAW FIRMS name in Sacramento, but am not sure if he/she will be able to assist me (in the future that is). I am still going to talk with him/her.

Yes - you have to pay your property taxes. If you don't, the county can foreclose.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

I could understand that paying taxes can help our government function properly, but I when someone loses there job, I think there should be some fair rules or laws in place.

I hear that the 16th amendment was not properly amended to our Constitution back in the early 1900's. That is stated in Attorney Jeffrey Dickensteins book titled, "Judicial Tyranny and your income tax." I haven't read the whole book, but I am still reading it. Even though, I still need an attorney to get some better laws passed.

Dear Antoinette: Do you know what I can do to get some FAIR LAWS ESTABLISHED in our government? Anything? Any help is appreciated.

your question includes assumptions like "if someone owned a house". Well do you or do you not. Also assumes a loss of income. Are you fired or not? Sounds like you have the answer to your hypothetical in the question you presented.

I defer to previous counsel's answers.

FYI costs of taking a case to the Supreme Court forgetting about how long it would take is probably going to cost you more than your house is worth unless you own a multimillion dollar residence in which case your property taxes are the least of your problems.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights.

I do not own my own residence. I am renting a DUPLEX from my parents. I am a SSI recipient. I would like to own my house one day and start working.

I understand taking a case up to the Supreme Court can get expensive. I will try to think of something (like looking for Legal Aid, and etc). I will try to do my best.

Pardis Patrick Ashouri

Pardis Patrick Ashouri

I responded to our other posting as well. here is a thought for you I research. I am guessing you are referring to property taxes your parents are paying. if so check with your county's tax assessor office and often they have the info online too that if your parents are over certain age (retirement 65 depending on county), some counties in California have what is called a property ax deferment for elderly or disabled. meaning that if the property owners qualify then the parent of property taxes are deferred to when both owners are deceased and the beneficiaries would then bring the unpaid and deferred property tax through the estate. worth checking into at your county. best of luck.

Property taxes run with the property, so you are responsible for them as long as you own your property, regardless of your financial situation. You want to stay current on your property taxes otherwise you will have fees assessed.