Skip to main content

Sue town in small claims court?

Massapequa, NY |

a town truck damaged my fence. I filed a notice of claim within 90 days, the monetary value of the damage would be in the small claims area, about $3500.OO would this be a small claims matter or would i have to go to the next level because their a town?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Jurisdiction against the municipality probably lies at "the next level" as you put it and not in small claims court.



"probably" can cause problems



completley wrong answer. you can sue a municipality in ny state in small clams but you must first file a notice of claim within 90 days of the incident. sorry i didn't see this post last year. this guy calls himself an attorney?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer