Skip to main content

Student with low income, in fight against a school academy doing fraudulent activities under me, and do not know what to do.

Tampa, FL |

I attended a school from 2011 through 2012 , took stud loan for the school that covered everything books equipment etc. After I was done 2 more loans were taken under me that I did not Authorize. Ive done as much as I can to retrieve information from the loan department and school. It has been a month in a half , the school cannot give me the documents I asked for. My right, (Break down of student loans what the money was used for or what it went towards. The school has been ignoring me I call no answer at times, also have been there is person and they cannot give me anything, they have lied to me saying they will get in contact with me still nothing, I ask to speak to somebody towards these issues and all they give me is the owners email and still has nothing. I do not know what to do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This situation is all too common with private institutions, proprietary schools and academies. In my experience they will stonewall you, confuse you and refer you to someone else as long as they can, in the hope that you will just go away. You will have to get their attention by finding an education attorney in your area on this page under the Find a Lawyer tab.


If you are unable to consult with an attorney, you should direct your concern and correspondence to the Florida Attorney General's Office. E.ach state attorney general has both a consumer protection and education division Make sure you put all of your requests to the university in writing, keep copies and send the correspondence certified, receipt return.

This is not legal advise. In order to provide legal advise an attorney would need to examine all the facts and law related to your issues. You should seek counsel in your home state immediately.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer