Storage company auctioned of stuff with malice and need to what amount I could expect!

Long Island City, NY |

Rented a storage unit from Jan 2010 onwards...fully paid up until Aug 2012. The company auctioned my stuff on Feb 9 first week. <Issues>
2-3 months before auction, I had sent an email expainling I was in unemployment status and need to find a resolution. I made prior two contacts in resolution of the extra fees they levied but never received any response from the firm. No response to emails. The manager was always unreachable

I asked the company to send my account summary a week before the auctiond but the representative at the firm send it to the wrong email

On the date of auction I paid the complete rent except the fees. The company rejected my payment and sold my stuff off.

I'm not sure you have a claim. What does the storage agreement say about their right to auction if you are delinquint in payment?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Did you sign a contract for the storage unit?