Skip to main content

Statute of Limitations (Criminal) What is the statute of limitations on a 1m/assult

Denver, CO |

okay this person did the crime back in 1989 served some time and got good time for that but was also supposed to do probation for one year and did not.Has been pulled over a couple of time and never told there was a warrant for his arrest.Now, in 2013 he was pulled over and told he has a warrant out of Ohio and taken to jail.What can be done if anything he currently is in another state living now well arrested now ,will they take him back to Ohio?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Although, I do not practice in Ohio, I am fairly confident that there is no statute of limitations on probation revocations. He will have to take care of the Ohio warrant.


Like Mr. Luna, I do not practice law in the State of Ohio. That said, I have never heard of a statute of limitations applying when it comes to a probation revocation. They may indeed take him back to Ohio. He needs a criminal defense attorney to deal with this!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer