Skip to main content

State of Washington. When filing for post secondary education, the court order just says reserved.

Seattle, WA |

The child has turned 18 already and will graduate in June. The order states to pay until they turn 18 or graduate, whichever comes later. My question is, do they have to file before 18 or do they have until the court order is up and graduate?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You MUST file the petition BEFORE the existing child support order terminates. So, if the kid is already 18 and graduates in June, file it before graduation day.

Not to toot my own horn, but I did a Legal Guide on WA Post-Secondary Support you may want to look at. The link to it is below. It has links to the statute and the necessary forms.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer