Skip to main content

Starting an e-cigarette business?

Smithfield, NC |

I'm looking to start my own e-cigarette business, specializing in making the liquid used in the electronic cigarette.
The product contains Nicotine, Propylene Glycol, and a Propylene based flavoring.

What type of certifications or licenses would I need to sell this product?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If a patent was issued to the inventor of the product, you would need a patent license from him. You can find the inventor by searching for the patent at the US Patent and Trademark Office, Since nicotine is a drug, FDA clearance for the product is likely necessary and has probably been obtained. You would need to consult an attorney practicing before the FDA to determine how to find and utilize such a clearance.
FEEDBACK: Both AVVO and other readers are interested in your feedback on the quality of the answers. Plz check the “thumbs up” symbol if you find an answer helpful or the “thumbs down” symbol if not.
DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in California.
(Bryant) Keith Martin

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer