Skip to main content

Start an International business.

Minneapolis, MN |

I want to start an International business. I am not sure what kind of papers that i need ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hello. The answer is 'it depends'. There are a multitude of considerations when a business is to be global. The sort of attorney assistance you are seeking is known as business formation. If this business shall begin as a small business, some attorneys focus on small businesses. All the best.

Minnesota licensed attorney


In addition to Tricia's excellent answer, you will start your business the same for a local, national or international business--by forming a business entity in the state of your choice. From that first step you will be on the path to international business. Do find a competent business attorney with international experience.

Disclaimer: My answer is provided without all relevant facts, let alone your unique objectives. No attorney-client relationship is hereby created as a consequence and you should not take (or not take) any action based on my answer. I highly recommend that you consult with competent legal counsel before deciding to take or not take any action, as every situation is more complex than it appears.


There are many variables among which the interaction of local laws, foreign laws and international laws. Corporate, contract, tax, accounting, trade, customs and cross border issues need to be considered and/or planned carefully. Best

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.