Sponsoring my brother for a Visit visa

Flushing, NY |

Dear Sir, I want to ask and would be grateful if you answer. I am a US citizen working in NYPD. My younger brother is unmarried doing a government job living in Pakistan. My mother is here with me also my sister is living in New Jersey with her family. I want my brother to come here and meet all the family for this purpose I want to sponsor him. He has around 7,8 thousand dollars in his account. What are the chances that he gets the visit visa?

Thanks

Best Answer

I agree with my colleagues. The key will be to show his ties to Pakistan so that the US government is satisfied that he does intend to return home after his brief visit to the US. Bank accounts, employment verification letters, property titles and evidence of other family members staying in Pakistan that rely on him for support, such as a wife and children if any, would all be helpful.

This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Respected Ma'am I posted my previous question for my unmarried brother back there in Pakistan. I am working with NYPD and a US national. My mother is living with me and sister is living in New Jersey. I was told that by you that chances are low for my unmarried brother to get a visit visa because he is unmarried. Now I wish to apply for my brother who is married having 4 kids and doing a job. Also he has around 6,7 thousand dollars in his personal account. I just want to ask what are the chances that he gets a visit visa? I have already applied his case in a F4 category. Thanks in advance. Please guide what are the chances thanks

It is difficult to obtain a visitor's visa with these limited facts. The most important thing is to provide documentation showing his ties to Pakistan. He needs to have a stable job, that he will be returning to and other documents such as a lease showing his ties to Pakistan. As always it is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Sir I posted my previous question for my unmarried brother back there in Pakistan. I am working with NYPD and a US national. My mother is living with me and sister is living in New Jersey. I was told that by you that chances are low for my unmarried brother to get a visit visa because he is unmarried. Now I wish to apply for my brother who is married having 4 kids and doing a job. Also he has around 6,7 thousand dollars in his personal account. I just want to ask what are the chances that he gets a visit visa? I have already applied his case in a F4 category. Thanks in advance. Please guide what are the chances thanks

Alexus Paul Sham

Alexus Paul Sham

A married individual would have a higher chance, but again it is difficult because he will have strong ties to the US, a brother, sister and mother. The fact that he has 4 children helps his case but he would also need to show a lease and steady employment in Pakistan.

Visitor visas are tough to get especially with all of your family members being present in the U.S. With all of them here, DOS may believe that he has the intent to remain here. His bank account is but one factor that DOS will review. There are many other avenues to prove he has the intent to return home. Please retain counsel to assist.