Skip to main content

Speeding up residency from deferred action.

Lake Charles, LA |

i have deferred action and i want to apply for residency through marriage and i was wondering since im already in uscis records will that some how speed up the process like not having to get biometrics done again or sending evidence and paper work

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No, it will not make any difference. Given that you will be applying for a brand new application you will have to have your biometrics taken again anyway.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with Mr. Behar. It will not expedite the process.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.



The Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit recently stated: "The Immigration and Nationality Act is a bit of a beast. It is not known for being warm or cuddly; words like "intricate" and "Byzantine" come more readily to mind. Nor is it known for being easy to understand; we have often re-marked on its fiendish complexity."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Your Deferred Action approval will not speed up a marriage-based case. In fact, you should consider consulting with an immigration attorney to make sure you're eligible to obtain your green card through an adjustment of status process. If you're not eligible, and consular processing is required, you need to make sure you are admissible to re-enter the US.