Skip to main content

Speeding ticket issue in NC GASTON County

Gaston, NC |

I had a speeding ticket back in Aug 2010, 84 on 60, in GASTON county, NC. I paid the fines and everything is done. But it does show up in my background check.

How do we get this removed? Is it criminal offense in NC

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to contact a criminal defense attorney in the area where you were cited. In most states, a traffic citation is a violation, not a criminal offense. A 24 mph over the speed limit conviction will show on your driver history record with the DMV/DOT. Seek local counsel to see if you have any options.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Sounds like you represented yourself on this ticket. The only recourse is to submit a motion for appropriate relief. It's a motion asking a judge to re-open your case so that a different result may be entered. It can only be filed once, so if you submit a motion and it's denied, that's it. You'd essentially have to argue that had you sought counsel to assist you with this matter, the outcome would have been different.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer