Skip to main content

Speeding Ticket in the state of Washington; the trooper got my vehicle , eye and hair color wrong , worth fighting?

Marysville, WA |

Speed acquired by the trooper unlit stealthily coming up behind me and used the POP setting on his Ka band radar. Before he engaged his emergency equipment I began to safely pull over, radar detector on board. I scanned the immediate foreground when it alerted saw nothing, looked in my rear view mirror and saw the Crown Victoria. My licence and insurance are accurate when it comes to correct descriptors of me and my auto.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If a competent and well regarded ticket attorney showed up and handled discovery properly, this would *likely* be dismissed. It happens. The troopers don't seem to get how to cut and paste when creating tickets on their computers, so previous information sometimes remains.

The facts of what happened are not relevant; what matters is what the cop did when he wrote the ticket. I can't tell from your narrative, I'd have to see the ticket. If your name is Brad Smith and the ticket is to Bard Smith, that could be a "scrivener's error" but if your name is Brad Smith and the ticket is written to Darren Hamsterlicker driving a red Honda and you were driving a green Ford . . . well, that probably isn't going to fly.
The savings to you to keep this off your insurance is immense. That is why you should strongly consider getting a ticket attorney to help you. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.


Hire a traffic attorney to deal with this issue for you. I defend civil and criminal traffic cases all over Washington State. Your issues come up under the IRLJs but some Judges won't dismiss on this type of issue, however; I am pretty sure there will be other issues on the officer's report that I will be able to use to either get a dismissal or get it amended to a non-moving violation. It just depends on the jurisdiction. I can be reached at 360-647-5251 or at I can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


I see that you are posting this from Marysville - In addition to what the other attorneys have said about your ticket already, you could benefit from an amended charge even if there are not any significant legal challenges to raise regarding the ticket and accompanying report.

If you hire an attorney to represent you, the prosecuting attorneys in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties often make an offer to resolve the case by changing the charge from a moving violation to a non-moving violation.

Feel free to call (206)724-2436 if you have any questions.