Skip to main content

Speeding ticket. 94 in a 70 mph. She never had a ticket.

Kalamazoo, MI |

Friend of mine was stopped by a state trooper on the highway going 94 in a 70. She is 21 years old and never had a ticket. Her father would take everything away from her if this showes up in her insurance. What can she do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


She needs to hire a criminal defense attorney in your area to represent her in court. There are fines and court costs and points on her drivers license if convicted. Get an attorney to resolve the matter in with a more favorable resolution.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


It is possible that if she hired a criminal defense attorney in the Kzoo area, the attorney could negotiate with the prosecutor or city attorney to a reduced charge or even something with no points. There are plenty of good attorneys in that area. You can find one here on Avvo. Good Luck!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.


I agree with Mr. Mascagni, in that some courts
Consider that akin to reckless driving. A competent attorney will be able to help negotiate the violation to something that will not get abstracted or added to her driving record. Also it goes without saying but she needs to insure she dows not get any more violations. Best of luck.


The most important thing she can do is hire an attorney that specializes in defense work. A good attorney who knows that court well, will be able to get the ticket reduced and possibly put her in a position where she pays a fine and nothing will appear on her driving record.