Sons in the navy and just got arrested for domestic violence what can he do to defend his case so he can stay in the navy?

Riverside, CA |

My son and his wife got into a fight, she broke his stuff and hit him with a bat, he then grabbed the bat and pushed her away from him she fell and got a baby scrape on her leg she is also pregnant. they want to seek counseling and I believe he has already started his counseling session. She told the officers.and everyone else she was not filing.chargers both were at fault and if the charges are not dropped they won't have money or a place to live.

sounds like he may have a self defense argument. He needs to hire a lawyer. Good luck.

He can remain silent, not to talk to ANYONE (including you) about the case and hire an attorney to represent him. There really are no other options. If he cannot afford a private attorney the court will appoint him a public defender at his first court date.

Michel & Associates, PC
(562) 216-4444

All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-client relationship with anyone. None of my comments should be relied on in taking legal action without first consulting an attorney.

He needs to hire an attorney to fight these charges. If she is stating it was mutual combat it will help his case. But once th police are called it is not up to her to decide to press charges, the police and DA are in control now.