Skip to main content

Son received 2 disorderly conducts when he was 19 and a sophomore in college

Huntingdon, PA |

My son graduated from a state school in education as a history teacher. He has had to declare criminal conviction on every application for a teaching job and I'm positive it's hurting him. Is there a way to expunge those convictions?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


They can be expunged after 5 years from the conviction. Consult with a criminal defense attorney. Good luck.


Possibly. Use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" service to locate an attorney in your area who deals with criminal law and record expungement.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney if you need further assistance.


After 5 years they can likley be expunged.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.


There are basically two ways to proceed. One is as the other attorneys have suggested and wait until the five years have elapsed (and he has remained arrest free). The other is to apply for a Pardon from the governor through the Board of Pardons. This process can take a couple of years as well but might be a little quicker. (There is no guarantee that it will result in a pardon)


The other attorneys are correct about the 5 year rule. However, you should probably speak with a criminal defense attorney to look over your son's criminal record. If the DC citations did not become convictions (e.g.- dismissed through summary ARD) they could be expunged sooner.

This answer is provided is for informational purposes only. It is intended to provide general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship with me or my law office. Nothing here should be relied upon as legal advice, and only an attorney with knowledge of your specific case can give you advice as to how the law applies. Nothing in this response creates an attorney-client relationship and therefore these communications cannot be treated as privileged or confidential.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer