Someone video taped me having sexual intercourse with out my consent I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Baldwin, NY |

Ok so first off i was 16 at the time and he was 18 AND we just had gotten back from a party so we went to the park afterwards he told me that it was just going to be me and him he assured me or so i thought that it was just us, so i was kind of presured into having sex with him so we had sex, what i didnt know was that his friend was hiding in the bushes recording it .He said he dosnt have to get rid of the video because it was taken outside what legal action do i take ?

Best Answer

You don't indicate how old you are now, but more than likely you can still press charges since you were a minor. Since you were too young to consent to sex, what he did to you was an assault and you could hire an attorney to sue him and his friend. You need to take action because if that video is placed on the internet, you'll never be able to reclaim it. I do foresee a problem, though, if you're still a minor, an adult family member will need to retain the attorney, now you. You could still contact the district attorney even if you are minor. You need to stop this predator.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

well what do you mean i will never be able to reclaim it?

and i am going to turn 18 this year

I have a few Quistions for you ,what if the boys says he dosnt have a video could the D.A. go through is personal computer or cell phone ? to obtain it ? i mean i was only a minor at the time

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

The D.A. could do both of those things.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Once its on the internet, its impossible to get it back. It gets copied and copied and copied.

Thank you very much Will seek out a lawyer with my parents A.S.A.P and go to the D.A. as well

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

There are some attorneys in Nassau County that have very close connections with the Nassau County D.A.'s office and I recommend using one of those. There is a prohibition against recommending counsel on AVVO so, give this post to your folks and I'm sure they'll figure out what to do.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

In most states this is illegal and is also a CRIMINAL OFFENSE. I WOULD CONTACT A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY AND ALSO MAKE A REPORT TO THE POLICE.

You can have him arrested as it was illegal for him to have sex with you because your were under 17. You can also hire a lawyet to write the boys.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

thanks for the advice ,also what do i do with the boy who recorded it? do i get the police department to deal with him as well ? and what happens if he tells the police that he dosnt have the video? can they look through his computer ? I am very concerned and at the time i was still a minor.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

You can have him arrested for statutory rape, you were under 17. But you can not threaten an arrest to gain an advantage in a civil action. Consult with an attorney.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

"But you can not threaten an arrest to gain an advantage in a civil action." Doesn't that apply only to lawyers?

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

True applies to lawyers. Be careful if extortion is an issue.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

Your only way to handle this is to hire a lawyer.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Also have the option to go to the DA to press statutory rape charges.

yes i am seeking a lawyer before i go to the police i just need to know how this could be handled if any lawyer is willing to take my case.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Speak with the lawyer prior to speaking with the police to review your options.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

I agree with mr. Lutzky. Try to find a local attorney. Use the find a lawyer tab on the avvo site.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/