Skip to main content

Someone has died no family has a house ive got all papers like bank life insurance deed to house what to do

Vallejo, CA |

abandoned home owner passed no family ive got all papers what to do ive been living in house for over 6 months

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is probably some family. Lexis public records shows all relatives.


Put the rent in an escrow. You can either do a search for relatives or wait and see if someone shows up. If you pay the taxes, you might acquire rights (in 5 years) but there will be legal actions you will need to take.

Who is the beneficiary if the life insurance policy? That should be a clue!

All of Ms. Straus’ responses to questions posted on Avvo are intended as helpful information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are not to be relied upon as a final legal opinion. It may not be what you wished to hear, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Straus is licensed to practice law in California. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, and retain him or her. Me Straus provides “unbundled” services if you need specific assistance with a specific issue.