Skip to main content

Someone else cashed a money order that was in my name. How do I get this taken care of?

Columbia, TN |

I was sent a money order by my father to a friends house I was visiting. I left before the package arrived and they said it was thrown away. They knew what was in it so I know that it was not. They refuse to send the contents to me which I have offered to pay shipping costs. They yelled and said it was in the trash. How do I get it back?

+ Read More

Filed under: Fraud
Attorney answers 1


Fraud is both a civil and criminal concept.

Fraud is actionable if certain elements of proof are established by the evidence. Using the written documentation you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a free consultation for an hour - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer