Skip to main content

Someone did time under my social security #. what do i do?

Ojai, CA |

A man did 18 months of prison time for a drug charge with my name and social security number in New York in 2006. I am based in California and have never been to New York. I was completely unaware of this situation until my new employer notified me. What do I do now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Depends from the location of the court , the conviction , the person and a series of procedures that includes the social security office department of justice etc.
You need to have a law office to assist you. It's a tedious procedure.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.


This can be fixed. You need to get a live scan of yourself to see what is out there. You might have to hire attorneys to clear your record in every court the Identity theft was used.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777