Skip to main content

Solicitation Act. Charges dropped . Did prostitution school. Is this CIMT ?

Chicago, IL |
Attorney answers 6


Ask in Immigration, this is criminal defense.


This is not something that can be easily answered in this forum, and we don't have enough information to do so. You need to consult with an Immigration attorney in your area, and bring the final disposition of your criminal charges so that an assessment can be done of the Immigration consequences. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]


Whether there is an immigration problem depends primarily on your status. If you have no status it may be a problem even with no conviction. If you are in the US legally, it can be a problem if you travel outside the United States. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Cases are mixed. It is probably CIMT. You may want to get an attorney opinion letter that it's a petty crime and qualifies for an exemption.

Be careful. Future CIMTs could make you inadmissible.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.


It will depend on the actual charges. Any attorney would need to see the the court record to give you a reliable answer.

Law Office of Mary K. Neal | || 773-681-1335 This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer