Skip to main content

Social Security Name Correction

Tempe, AZ |

My name in the Social security card and that in my Employment authorization card given by DHS/USCIS appear like this

SS card first name: unknown
SS card last name: <my name>
EAD first name: FNU
EAD last name: <my name>

What do i need to do to change the name in SS card to reflect the way it appears in my EAD? Because of this i cannot apply for a driving license.

Is there any thing else i can do?

The order of my names in my social security card has been messed up and does not tie with the order of names in my birth certificate , my perminent resident card,my marriage certificate and all of my other certificates.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should go to your local Social Security office and present them with this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer