Skip to main content

Social security amount

Albany, GA |

I'm 22 disabled i have bipolar , schizophrenia and Potsdam i can't work i get $ 710 for sis is there a way i can get a higher amount ?

I became disable when i was 13

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No. The maximum benefits paid to an individual for SSI is $710, and you are getting it.

Good luck to you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You could get more if you lived in a state that pays a State Supplement. Georgia is not such a state. Another way to get more income is if you were determined to be disabled before your 22nd birthday, then at the disability, retirement, or death of a parent you can take SSDI benefits on the parent's record.


Mr. Farrell is correct. There is no a way for you to increase your benefits. For 2013, the maximum monthly benefit amount for SSI is $710.00 per month.

Based on Cost of Living Adjustments ("COLA") the amount may increase slightly every 1 to 3 years. For example, the maximum monthly benefit amount for 2012 was $698, which was increased to $710 for 2013. In other words, in the furture, you may receive more. However, currently, you are receiving the maximum SSI benefit.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer