Slipped&Fell-Cement Walk SCHOOL Property.A/C Water Drain DIRECTED Water ACROSS walk Mud&Pollen Settled Causing Slippery Mess!

Duluth, GA |

Gwinnett County Ambulance transport to hospital. Given morphine for pain. Hospital tests showed crushed wrist bone, required painful surgery & insertion of titanium plate. Month in cast & mo's of painful rehab. Head injury as well, head slammed onto pavement causing concussion, scrapes & major bruising which caused headaches & took months to heal. My Dr is concerned continued headaches may indicate possible skull fracture from fall. I had not a considered lawsuit, but school has STILL NOT CORRECTED the drain problem! Even though it could have been a fatal head injury, the hazard, that has been there for yrs is still NOT fixed! Someone else could easily fall because of the schools continued negligence in not addressing it.*Statute of limitations runs out the END Of NEXT MONTH! NEED ADVISE

You should hire a Georgia licensed attorney who specializes in Personal Injury Law IMMEDIATELY. AVVO provides a great attorney search for your state/area with the "Find a Lawyer" link. He/she will have to do some investigation surrounding the facts of this slip & fall, as well as speak to any potential witnesses in addition to other investigations & legal research. Good luck.

You need a premises liability lawyer and you must act immediately. If you have trouble finding a lawyer I may be able to help you find a lawyer in your area.

You have had very serious injuries caused by what appears to be a dangerous condition created by the manner and way the school maintained and/or repaired its premises. You certainly should pursue a claim and get yourself to a personal injury attorney A.S.A.P. You have already likely waited to long. In many States, a pre-lawsuit Notice of Claim has to be filed with the municipality or governmental agency involved, before an actual lawsuit can be brought and that has to be done within a certain [short] period of time immediately following the date of accident. AVVO has a "find a lawyer" tool that will help you locate a personal injury attorney in your area. Good luck.

You need to call a Georgia slip and fall lawyer right now. You need to know for sure whether or not you a) have a case and b) still have time to bring your case. You do not have time to fool around, and many lawyers will provide you with a free consultation. Good luck and my best wishes for your full recovery.

You should hurry and contact a personal injury local attorney. If the statute of limitations expires next month you might not want to wait until then. Use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" feature tool to locate a lawyer best suited for your needs. Good luck

John M O'Brien

John M O'Brien

Excellent answer from Mr. Cleary

I am sorry to hear about your fall. You need to talk to an experienced Georgia personal injury attorney as soon as possible. As you note, the statute of limitations is near and you need to file a claim immediately in order to protect your rights. A personal injury attorney will meet with you for free, and will only get paid if you win at trial or settle the case.
Whenever you are injured as a result of another person’s negligence (carelessness), you may be entitled to compensation for (1) medical bills, (2) lost wages for missed work, (3) pain and suffering, (4) any permanent injury or disfigurement, and (5) inconvenience and loss of enjoyment of life. You can also ask the school to fix the problem that led to your fall. Unfortunately, some property owners will only do the right thing when forced to do so by a lawsuit.
In the meantime, continue to see your doctor as necessary. Most importantly, follow up visits will ensure that you get the medical attention you need and heal properly. Also, people (claims adjusters, attorneys, and even jurors) are often suspicious of those who claim to be injured but fail to follow their doctor’s treatment plan.
Finally, do not speak to anyone from the school about the accident without a lawyer present. Oftentimes, risk management professionals are trained to minimize the damages an injured party can recover and they may try to get you to admit fault in the accident. I wish you the best of luck in resolving this matter.

You should immediately consult with a qualified personal injury attorney who can evaluate and act upon your case. The consultation is free, and in many cases can be done by telephone (we do).

Several things about your post concern me. First and foremost is the statute of limitations, which you indicate runs at the end of March. From your statement, I presume you are aware that the general statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Georgia is 2 years, which means that your injury occurred in March 2012. However, if the school district or other governmental entity (for example, county) is in fact responsible for the sidewalk and drain that caused the hazardous condition resulting in your fall, then you may have already missed an important deadline for providing notice of your claim. Such a notice, also known as an ante litem notice, usually has a shorter time period than the applicable statute of limitations (typically 1 year or as short as 6 months depending on the governmental entity involved). If an ante litem notice was required in your situation but missed, then your claim may already be lost. There are also potential school district immunity issues that must be investigated before determining whether you can proceed with a claim.

The best thing you can do right now is to consult with a personal injury attorney with experience handling claims against school districts. Any further delay on your part would practically ensure that you will lose what sounds like a serious and substantial legal claim. Attorneys responding to questions on AVVO are not allowed to directly solicit clients or actively request consultations with prospective clients. However, I urge you to review the AVVO profiles, reviews and website information for any Georgia attorneys who respond to your posting before you seek a consultation to ensure that the attorney you choose has the appropriate experience and expertise, favorable client and attorney reviews, and proven record of success.

Good luck, and speak with an attorney very soon!

The transmission of an electronic message between an individual and attorney in a public website alone does not create an attorney-client relationship absent a specific engagement agreement between the parties. By replying to a legal question or inquiry posted on a public website, the responding attorney is neither providing specific legal advice nor entering into an attorney-client relationship with the recipient. A person or entity may not reasonably act or rely upon information contained in such a response without a personal consultation with and engagement by the attorney.

The you better retain a local personal injury lawyer today so you don't blow the SOL.