Slip&fall at Walmart they offered $7500 what do i do ?

Northridge, CA |

slip at Walmart in the store entrance on clear liquid cause me disc on my back and nick i had 3 injections on my back but the pain did not go away the orthopedic said i need surgery in my back but i afraid to do it .walmart offered $7500 it doesn't cover the doctor's bill what should i do

Best Answer

Speak to a personal injury attorney! You need an attorney to represent you against Walmart. Any of the injury attorneys, myself included, would be more than happy to speak with you.

Get a lawyer ASAP! Do NOT sign anything until you, at least, consult with an attorney because, in the event that you do decide to have surgery, you can't go back to Walmart and ask for more.

this offer was with my attorney

Malosack Berjis

Malosack Berjis

Oh, I see. And, have you discussed your concern(s) with your attorney?

yes but its being for while nothing new

Do not settle with Walmart for $7,500! You need to retain an attorney immediately for that type of injury. We know several in that area if you do not have someone reliable. Good luck!

Do not sign the settlement. Retain a personal injury attorney. You are entitled to full compensataion for your medical bills and pain and suffering.

Quit talking with Wal-Mart and start talking with a local personal injury attorney ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

You should retain an attorney immediately. These are serious injuries and, as you say, $7,500 will not even begin to cover the cost of present medical bills much less the cost of surgery and post surgical physical therapy. Our office handles these types of claims.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

As advised by all counsel DO NOT settle without consulting a personal injury attorney - there is no charge for a consultation & these cases on taken on a contingency basis (no recovery - no fee)

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

First, slip and fall cases can be difficult cases because most of the time they are fought tooth and nail by the store itself or its insurance company. The main hurdle in proving your case in the majority of these cases is proving the store is responsible for your fall. Basically, proving who owned, controlled, or maintained the property where the slip and fall occurred, and whether that party had notice of the condition that caused you to fall. (NOTE: There are more elements to prove but that is more or less what needs to be done.) This can only be determined by an experienced personal injury attorney who can take a look at the facts and particular circumstances of your case. Most initial consultations are free so I would talk to a personal injury attorney in your area to help you make your decision about the settlement offer made by Walmart, especially if you may be a surgical candidate as a result of this incident.

Please be advised that my responses to questions on Avvo are meant for informational purposes ONLY and do not create any type of attorney-client relationship or preserve any rights and statutes relating to the individual claim.

Absolutely consult a lawyer before top you continue. Walmart is very aggressive on settlements. If you want to maximization recovery, you should get a lawyer.

I agree with the other posters. Its been my experience that a $7500 offer from Walmart, especially to a non represented claimant) could mean that they actually have some concern about your case. I generally have experienced what seems like an utter a lack of concern about claims. My (experienced) suspicion is that that Walmart reviewed its surveillance, and probably realizes that it has "exposure" for liability and damages. That being said, and even under those kinds of circumstances, Walmart will not just "fold" or pay you the full value of your claim. It can be complicated dealing with Walmart, even on "good" claims. Good luck, and sorry for all the " "s

If you have not already, you should contact a local attorney as soon as possible for a case consultation. You should not settle for $7,500 especially if you have been advised that you will need surgery. Also, do not give a written or recorded statement to Walmart or the insurance company.

Matthew Blair
www.chakmakislaw.com

So sorry you were in an accident! You need to retain an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Based on your injuries and the potential liability of Walmart, your case could be much more valuable. At this point $7,500.00 would not cover your past and future medical bills, lost earnings, loss of earning capacity, or pain and suffering?
In California you have 2 years from the accident date within which to file your lawsuit or your case is barred.
You hopefully have pictures of the alleged dangerous condition, have the names, addresses and phone numbers for any witnesses and have written out a detailed statement of what occurred?

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

Have a lawyer get you a proper settlement. Without a lawyer, you are likely getting offered 1/10th of what a lawyer would get you.

I've been posting (sometimes cutting and pasting as I really couldn’t say what I said better myself) my biased opinions and comments here and there on the Internet and Avvo for a while now (since Al Gore invented online attorney forums, I believe), and every time I see a post about a person doing battle all by his or her non-lawyer self against an insurance company, I keep thinking the post might as well read something like, “my no-insurance second cousin on my father’s side needs to get that brain tumor removed from the base of his skull. It's now the size of a golf ball and is causing him to shake something fierce. He's up to six cans of Coors Light a day to stop the shakes. So, what I need to know is whether I should go in with my cordless Makita or the corded Dewalt...”

No one who has suffered personal injury should handle personal injury cases. No one but a neurosurgeon should do brain surgery, even if one’s second cousin is a schmuck.

A good personal injury attorney should not only understand the law applying to the claim/lawsuit but fully understand the medical damages associated with the injury. Trauma can affect many body parts, vary in severity, vary in long term complications and sequelae. To better one’s chances for a full and fair recovery, one must have an attorney who knows what to ask for from the defendant – compensation for all bodily harms and future medical care that will be needed.

We personal injury lawyers offer free consultations. We handle cases on a contingent basis. We actually love the game, the battling, the negotiations, the tactics, etc. An injured person should just worry about getting better.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Get an attorney ASAP. If they're offering you $7,500 it is undoubtedly worth much more. Do not sign anything before consulting an attorney. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

STOP WASTING TIME! GET AN ATTORNEY! YOUR CASE HAS SIGNIFICANT VALUE.

HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY TOMORROW!! DO NOT NEGOTIATE ANYTHING WITH THESE FOLKS AS THEIR JOB IS TO SAVE MONEY!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

When Walmart makes a $7500 offer, without attorney participation, that raises the antennae of personal injury attorneys. There is a good chance that your claim is worth substantially more than $7500. You need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible and discontinue conversations with Walmart until you speak with an attorney. Walmart is notoriously known to vigorously defend actions such as yours.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I have dealt with Wal-Mart on a number of cases. They do not offer money unless they have to do so. Either they are offering you some money under a medical payments policy (which is a no fault paying policy for medical bills up to a certain amount) or they have information that they are not sharing with you about the notice of the dangerous condition upon which you fell. You need to know which of these is the case. I strongly urge you to get counsel. Also, before you resolve any case, be sure that there are no lien holders asking for reimbursement (such as health insurance carrier, Medi-Cal, Medi-Care or a healthcare provider who has a lien under Civil Code Section 3040. Talk to a personal injury attorney who knows how to deal with these issues before signing any settlement agreement.