Skip to main content

Slip & fall in a restroom at a casino with no wet floor sign! The employee was in restrm, kept saying sorry, sign was tuck away

Chicago, IL |

Both my legs went up & landed on tile, report was filed and @ the time I was more embarrased as I was soaked. next day I swelled up so bad, couldn't even wear my own clothes. Went to ER, as my tailbone hurt, hosp confirmed broken. Wks went by and pain was unbearable, break it dwn, within 2 yrs, I've has 2 major back surgs, 2nd surg was 7 mo ago, had entire lumar spine fused, rods, total lam, fush, spine shifted 45 degrees, Dr could only fix 50%, both hosp stays were over 10 days, nerve pain is unbearable! Casino has said 2 send all bills to them but how do u put a price on pain & suffering? I have 2 live w/ daily! There's so much damage, hardware in my back, my medical is over a million dollar plus. How does 1 put a price on this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10

Best Answer

First of all you may have a problem with the statute of limitations if all is this happened over two years ago.

Second, you really need to see a personal injury attorney about this immediately. You have significant injuries and you need assistance from an attorney who regularly handles such cases.

Third, the value if your case depends on many factors including the nature of your injuries, the medical treatment you have had and which you will still need, lost wages and lost ability to engage in normal activities and whether or not the liability of the defendant is clear among other factors. No one can tell you over the Internet what the value of your claim is going to be without more information. See an injury attorney and they can assess your injuries and the value of your case.

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail please call 630-679-0930.



I did file a case against them, I really wanted some additional information and I have never asked what my claim is worth? Is it something they typically tell you? I have never asked but honestly, no amount is worth what I deal with everyday.

Joseph Paul Giamanco

Joseph Paul Giamanco


As I said before the value of you case depends on many factors. You need to talk to your attorney about this before you ask another attorney for their opinion. If for some reason you question your attorney's judgment you can of course change lawyers - but this is not always the best move.



Thank you, I wanyed too simply seek some advice. I appreciate your response.


What does your lawyer say?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Why have you waited 2 years? It may be too late for legal action. You need to speak with a personal injury attorney ASAP to ascertain whether you still have a viable case.


It may be too late to bring a claim as the Statute of Limitations may have passed. Consult an attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


The statute of limitations to recover from the casino is 2 years. If you have not filed a suit before then they do not have to pay you anything. Get a lawyer now.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.


First, my sincere regret that you have had to endure this situation. The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for an injury is two years in the State of Illinois. Gather your information, such as the incident report and medical records, and contact an attorney right away.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


Since this happened so long ago, I would assume that you have a lawyer who will be able to answer all your concerns.


There are a few questions that any lawyer would need answered before giving you any sound guidance. First, since you are in Chicago but there are no casinos in Chicago, an obvious question is "where?" In-state or out-of-state makes a big difference. Second, you used the phrase "2 yrs" casually, but this is a very hard line. More than 2 years or less than 2 years will make a very big difference. Third, the details of what you fell on and how you fell will make a big difference. Your question may not be how much, your question may be can I win?

If you are not already represented, you should consult an experienced Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer first thing Monday morning. Time is of the essence!

Steven A. Sigmond
(312) 756-1186

Law Office of Steven A. Sigmond
345 N. Canal #1208
Chicago, IL 60606

Steven A. Sigmond offers confidential fee consultations to anyone who has been injured in an accident or hurt at work. However, a free consultation is not legal advice. This answer is general information and should not be considered "legal advice." Proper legal advice can only be obtained after hiring an attorney and providing full information regarding your case.


Seek a personal injury attorney ASAP. You may be out of time due to the Statute of Limitations. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


Talk to a lawyer.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer