Skip to main content

Since my daughter is now 25 does that mean she will not be accompanying me to the USA?

Saint Ann, MO |

I currently live in Jamaica and i am in my late 40's. My mother has been filing for me since 2005 (F2B - unmarried sons and daughters). At the time my daughter was 18 and she was also placed on the filing. Now she is 25 years old.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


She may qualify under the Child Status Protection Act to join you. Follow our case, DeOsorio v. Mayorkas, before the US Supreme Court.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


As Mr. Shusterman indicated, she still may qualify however it's a bit complex to calculate whether she does and I recommend that you consult with an experienced Immigration attorney to determine if she still can immigrate with you.


Yes, there may be a calculation that needs to be made to see if she qualifies to come with you. Contact an immigration attorney to check on this.


LORIC, Immigration Solutions

(Free Initial Consultation)

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933

The response given is general in nature and does not create an attorney / client relationship. The answer given may also not account for other facts unknown to the attorney. For a more detailed evaluation you should consult with a licensed immigration attorney.