Skip to main content

Should the tenants or landlord pay for a window that was broken out due to vandalism?

Hays, KS |
Attorney answers 1


Tenants report it. Landlord fixes it. (pays).

If LL can prove the tenants actually broke it, LL should demand reimbursement from tenants, or take tenants to small claims to recover the money.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I do five my 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer