Skip to main content

Should my husband contact his former employer for his insurance to deal with it so he can be removed from the suit

Apple Valley, CA |

in june of 2011 my husband was in accident in a semi truck which is his employers truck it was proven it wasnt hiis fault now other people involved have filed a civil suit against him and the person who hit my husband it was my husbands former employers insurance the plantiffs are sueing my husband cause they didnt get what they wanted from the insurance companies my husband was rear ended by another semi truck lost control and jackknifed

+ Read More

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes
Attorney answers 5


Yes, your husband should turn over the papers to his employer or his employer's insurance company if you are already in contact with them. They will appoint lawyers to represent your husband. He should cooperate with them and you should be fine.


If your husband was served and is now a defendant he needs to contact his former employer. The employers insurance carrier will hire defense counsel and deal with it. He will likely not need to worry about hiring personal counsel unless there is exposure above the policy. Unlikely scenario but he will need to contact the employer and insurance carrier ASAP as you are dealing with time limits. Good luck.


Simple answer is YES

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Yes, he should let the insurance company resolve it


Ask that tgey pick up your defense.
The person who hit you should not profit from a frivolous law suit

Answering this question is not an agreement to represent the recipient or others. This answer is an opinion based upon the limited facts supplied and further research and analysis is required to render a full legal opinion. This opinion is that of the Law Offices of Dennis P. Wilson and is only premised upon California law and is not meant to be utilized in any other jurisdiction.