My boyfriend came to the U.S. with me in Aug '10 with a 6 month B1/B2 visa that expired in Feb '11, and filed for asylum in Nov '10. He was referred to immigration court and his Master Hearing is next week.
He's become so stressed and frustrated with his case that he's decided to give up. His family is finally relocating and he wants us to go with them. We're planning on getting married and staying with his family for a few years. They're very traditional so we cannot get married without his parents meeting me and their blessings.
Can he ask for voluntary departure at his Master Hearing? If so, will he be able to stay in the U.S. until December (that's when his family will move)? Can I file the I-130 and I-485 from abroad? Will he be able to enter the U.S. again?
Thanks in advance!We've had around 10 consultations and countless phone calls with lawyers from the "Free Legal Service Providers" list given to us, but none of those lawyers actually handle cases for free. They're all charging $2K-$6K, which we don't have.