Skip to main content

Should I take my case to trial?

Carrollton, GA |

I have been charged with felony burglary, theft by taking and receiving, and some other mistemeanors. State offering plea agreement of 10y do 3, 7y probation, fines and restitution. Public Defender is not doing her job, just found out on Thursday that felony burglary charges had been added, court on Monday. Should I file First Time Offender Act, Rsap, or any additional options? Please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The best person to give you advice about your case is your attorney. That is who you need to talk with about the matter. Attorneys on Avo do not know enough about your case to give you proper advice. If you do not like what the public Defener that has your case is doing, you have the right to hire an attorney of your choice. You do need an attorney.


You really have not given enough information to allow for an adequate response. However, I would always suggest that you listen to your attorney if you trust that attorney. If not, then you need to hire someone who you do trust and allow them to investigate the circumstances, work w the DA, and then give you a recommendation that is appropriate.


I agree with my colleagues and would emphasize that you either need to work closely with your public defender, or talk with family and friends about help in retaining an experienced criminal lawyer. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer