Skip to main content

Should I sign a a workers' comp. compromise & release addendum that would make me liable for all liens and not the employer?

Glendora, CA |

Employer wants me to sign workers' comp. compromise & release addendum making me liable for all future liens after settlement. If liens aren't filed and served at settlement. Should I contact Medicare as request how much I owe them because they paid for medical services because employer had denied my claim?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

you shouldn't sign it and a workers' comp judge, who would have to review and either approve or disapprove the settlement wouldn't sign it, if he's paying attention. The insurance company is clearly trying to take advantage of you. You're being gamed.

Get someone on your team who knows the rules of the game and how to play. That someone is an attorney. He can probably increase the value of the settlement enough to cover his fees anyway. Find a good one here at or at CAAA is the association for attorneys here in California who represent injured workers. Or you can call me for a referral. Good luck.


My colleague is correct. You need to hire an attorney and not sign this compromise and release. There is no benefit to you and they are indeed playing you.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


Unless you failed to participate in an offered Medical Panel Network, I do not think a Judge is going to saddle you with any potential past treatment. Even if you did deliberately treat outside the MPN in the past, there is no reason to voluntarily accept responsibility. If they mean that you are responsible for future TREATMENT, they are correct.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.


Mr. Borah has given you excellent advice. Get a good workers' comp lawyer now before the carrier takes advantage of you any more.


Absolutely not. You need ypto consult with an attorney to determine if the C&R is adequate and to make sure your getting everything you are netted to, which a Judge does not do.

Call for a free consultation, 714-231-1910

Craig Wasserman, Esq