Should I send in the supplemental information that the immigration officer asked for during my interview?

Denver, CO |

My wife recently filed for me as an immediate relative . I filed to adjust my status from h1b to PR . Prior to h1b , I was under a student visa . We had our interview , but during our interview , the immigration officer gave me until May , 2013 to send in a I - 20 and transcripts for one of the schools I was enrolled in before I was under h1b . The problem is , that particular school has closed down and there is no way to obtain those transcripts . I was advised by an attorney that , based on where I am , I should just send in the I - 20 if I can't obtain those transcripts . To my surprise , I just received my I - 797 for my I - 485 application saying that my application has been approved and that I can expect to receive my PR card soon . Should I still send in the said I - 20 and transcripts or not ?

If you were directed to send in those documents, I would still send in copies of them. Good luck to you, and congratulations..
---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

Thank you for the response. If the approval date is subsequent to the interview date, would that be indicative of something I can just ignore?

I, too, agree. USCIS makes mistakes and even when it is their mistake, it can come back to haunt you later.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thank you for the comment. Would it matter that I can't provide everything they asked for? I can provide the I-20, but not the transcripts, and at this point, I'm afraid that they would revoke my seemingly approved permanent residency...