Skip to main content

Should I opt for juvenile record sealing under delinquency or dependency?

Los Angeles, CA |

I was booked under PC 470 Forgery, PC484E Grand Theft, PC 459 Burglary as a juvenile. I am trying to get my record sealed and was wondering if I fall into the dependency criteria or the delinquency. I ask this as the petition would have to be filed in different places.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


File in the court where the criminal charges were adjudicated.



I never went to court. I was taken to DA's office and assigned community service and counseling sessions. Should I be going to the DA's office?


Look at the juvenile complaint against you. Was it filed in dependency court or delinquency court? Such charges can be filed in either court. If no case was filed, I would file your petition is delinquency court, as they deal with the juvenile himself or herself more and not the duties of parents (dependency). The delinquency court sees more of these petitions than dependency courts.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer