Skip to main content

Should I get a Criminal Defense lawyer??

Atlanta, GA |

My bf was arrested with marijuana. Cocaine and a gun... I bonded him out only to have the FBI take out a warrant because of the gun charge we had no clue after 4mos they pick him up saying he should have not gotten a bond in the first place. He is currently in federal detention the judge denied bond we are expecting our first child in 3mos. What are my options?? His Public Defender seems like she is really trying. She said because of the gun charge the judge will most likely deny bond and he did deny the bond. She is now setting up a motion to suppress evidence. If it goes well we go back to another bond hearing, if not she plans to return in two mos and ask for a 30day bond?? Is this possible? If not 30 what would be the highest number of days a judge will grant?? Will it be a cash bond or could he do a signature bond with an ankle monitor?? We have residential security. He is looking at 15yrs but may plea to take 8yrs in the end. Will a paid lawyer be able to reduce this to 2-3yrs or less??? Around about figure for attorney costs??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It would certainly be in your interest to at least consult with an attorney as soon as possible as there may be facts out there that can benefit your boyfriend. Feel free to contact me at your convenience as I would be happy to discuss this matter with you. With regards,

P. Darrell Kimbrell

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement.