Skip to main content

Should I file a writ of mandamus to move along a USCIS AAO delay ?

Princeton, NJ |

After filing an AOS application in December 2007 and interviewing on May 2008, the I-130 was approved and the I- 485 was administratively closed due to an adjudicating officer error ( she erroneously believed that I had an order to a pending EOIR case and though they had Jurisdiction) As there was no such order, I contacted a lawyer and filed a MTR within the time frame. I have since lost all contact with the lawyer and have no way to check the status of my case. Last week after being summoned and questioned by ICE, the deportation officer, admitted that the adjudicator made a mistake and that neither ICE nor their trial attorney were interested in pursuing my case as it was pending appeal with the AAO. No NTA was isssued. After 5 years in limbo, I have no idea how move this along!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to contact an experienced immigration attorney at your earliest convenience to review your case.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:


Hire an experienced immigration attorney to review your case.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Did the lawyer skip town or can you contact him? I believe you can schedule an info pass appointment or check the status on line.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer