Skip to main content

Should i call a p.d or wait to his his pretrial ?

Philadelphia, PA |

Being though my babyfather is incarcerated should i call and get him a public defender or should he wait to the day his pretrial is and ask that day for one? But if he waits to that day will they postpone it for another court date.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


HE should make application for a PD immediately; the method for doing so from inside the jail can be determined by him easily. You don't need to do anything to help him secure the services of the PD.


Contact them now.


Have him contact the PD's office as soon as possible.

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102


You should speak with a criminal defense attorney about this matter. Get in touch with the PD's office. If you are not satisfied with the attention they are giving the case, call me.