Skip to main content

Should I attach my I-20 with form I-864 ? which other documents can help me to prove my legal work authorization on campus?

Miami, FL |

My wife (Petitioner) income based on her W2 form isn't enough to fill out form I-864 for me, but I work as a teacher assistant in university on my F1 visa (I am a PhD student). My stipend is around 20,000$ per year from school. Can I use my income to compensate my wife's low income?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, since your income is lawfully earned it can be added to the petitioner's income, given that you both reside in the same household. You'll need to fill out the supplement "A"'to Form I864.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, you should.


Yes, lawfully eared income can be used.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer