Skip to main content

Should I apply for my concealed weapon permit, now or later?

Newport News, VA |

Long story short: I was given a deferred disposition for a trespassing case. No probation, I just cannot go to my old place of business,where I "trespassed", for 6 months. If I do then I will be charged. I have never been in trouble before! I am wondering if I will be able to get my concealed weapons permit in the state of Virginia. It asks if I have a case pending.. I'm not sure if that means I do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your best bet is to wait. You do have a pending case, because there is still some action for the court to take. I would advise waiting till your charge is resolved and then contacting an attorney to see whether your case can be expunged. If you can get the charge expunged, then you can apply for a permit with a clean record.

The above is solely for informational purposes and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer